Monday, May 28, 2012

Error Analysis Exercise

Exercise : error analysis.
1.      Incorrect          : Did you went downtown yesterday ?
Correct                        : Did you go downtown yesterday ?
2.      Incorrect          : Yesterday I speak to Ken before he leaves his office and goes home.
Correct                        : Yesterday I spoke to Ken before he left his office and goes home.
3.      Incorrect          : I hear a good joke last night.
Correct                        : I hearted a good joke last night.
4.      Incorrect          : When Pablo finished his work.
Correct                        : when did Pablo finish his work ?
5.      Incorrect          : I visited my relatives in New York City last month.
Correct                        : I visited my relatives in New York City last month.
6.      Incorrect          : Where you did go yesterday afternoon ?
Correct                        : Where did you go yesterday afternoon ?
7.      Incorrect          : Ms. Was flew from Singapore to Tokyo last week.
Correct                        : Ms. Was flew from Singapore to Tokyo last week.
8.      Incorrect          : When I see my friend yesterday, he didn’t spoke to me.
Correct                        : When I saw my friend yesterday, he didn’t speak to me.
9.      Incorrect          : Why Mustafa didn’t came to class last week ?
Correct                        : Why Mustafa didn’t come to class last week ?  
10.  Incorrect          : Where were you bought those shoes? I like them.
Correct            : Where did you buy those shoes? I like them.
11.  Incorrect          : Mr. Adams teached our class last week.
Correct                        : Mr. Adams thought our class last week.
12.  Incorrect          : I writhed a letter last night.
Correct                        : I wrote a letter last night.
13.  Incorrect          : Who you wrote a letter to ?
Correct                        : Who did you write a letter to ?
14.  Incorrect          : Who did open the door ? Jack opened it.
Correct                        : Who did open the door ? jack opened it.
Exercise : error analysis.
1.      Incorrect          : I need an advice from you
Correct                        : I need some advice from you
2.      Incorrect          : I don’t like hot weathers
Correct                        : I don’t like hot weather
3.      Incorrect          : I usually have a egg for breakfast
Correct                        : I usually have an egg for breakfast
4.      Incorrect          : Sun rises every morning
Correct                        : The sun rises every morning
5.      Incorrect          : The students in this class do a lot of home works every day
Correct                        : The students in this class do a lot of home works every day
6.      Incorrect          : How many language do you know ?
Correct                        : How many language do you know ?
7.      Incorrect          : I don’t have many money
Correct                        : I don’t have much money
8.      Incorrect          : John and Susan don’t have some children
Correct                        : John and Susan don’t have any children
9.      Incorrect          : A picture are beautiful. You’re a good photographer
Correct                        : The picture are beautiful. You are a good photographer
10.  Incorrect          : There isn’t a traffic early in the morning
Correct                        : There is no  traffic early in the morning
11.  Incorrect          : I can’t find bowl for my soup
Correct                        : I can’t find bowls for my soup

Exercise : error analysis.
1.      Incorrect          : Someone steeled my bicycle two day ago
Correct                        : Someone stole my bicycle two day ago
2.      Incorrect          : Did you went to the party yesterday weekend ?
Correct                        : Did you go to the party yesterday weekend ?
3.      Incorrect          : I hear a really interesting story yesterday
Correct                        : I heard a really interesting story yesterday
4.      Incorrect          : The teacher not ready for class yesterday
Correct                        : The teacher was not ready for class yesterday
5.      Incorrect          : Did came Joe to work last week ?
Correct                        : Did Joe come to work last week ?
6.      Incorrect          : Yesterday night I stayed home and working on my science project
Correct                        : I stayed at home and worked on my science project yesterday night
7.      Incorrect          : Several students wasn’t on time for the final exam yesterday
Correct                        : Several students weren’t on time for the final exam yesterday
8.      Incorrect          : Your fax came before ten minutes. Did you got it ?
Correct                        : Your fax came before ten minutes. Did you get in ?
9.      Incorrect          : Did you all your friends to your graduation party invite ?
Correct                        : Did you invite all of your friends to your graduation party ?
10.  Incorrect          : I slept too late this morning and was missed the bus
Correct                        : I slept too late this morning and missed the bus
11.  Incorrect          : The market no have any bananas yesterday. I get there too late
Correct                        : The market didn’t have any bananas yesterday. I get there too late
12.  Incorrect          : Was you nervous about your test the last week ?
Correct                        : Were you nervous about your test last week ?
13.  Incorrect          : I didn’t saw you at the party. Did you be there?
Correct                        : I didn’t see you at the party. Were you there ?

Exercise : error analysis
1.      Incorrect          : Your pen is alike mine
Correct                        : Your pen is like mine
2.      Incorrect          : Kim’s coat is similar with mine
Correct                        : Kim’s coat is similar to mine
3.      Incorrect          : Jack’s coat is same mine
Correct                        : Jack’s coat is the same as mine
4.      Incorrect          : Soccer are different with basketballs
Correct                        : Soccer are different from basketballs
5.      Incorrect          : Soccer is one of most popular sports in the world
Correct                        : Soccer is one of the most popular sports in the world
6.      Incorrect          : Green sea turtles live long more than elephants
Correct                        : Green sea turtles live longer than elephants
7.      Incorrect          : My grade on the test was worst from yours. You got more better grade
Correct                        : My grade on the test was worse than yours. You got a better grade
8.      Incorrect          : A monkey is intelligencers than a turtle
Correct                        :A monkey more intelligent than a turtle
9.      Incorrect          : Perdo speaks English more fluent than Ernesto
Correct                        : Perdo speaks English more fluently than Ernesto
10.  Incorrect          : Professor Brown teaches full-time, but her husband isn’t
Correct                        : Professor Brown teaches full-time, but her husband doesn’t
11.  Incorrect          : Robert and Maria aren’t same age. Robert is more young than Maria
Correct                        : Robert and Maria aren’t the same age. Robert is younger than Maria
12.  Incorrect          : A blue whale is more large from an elephant
Correct                        : A blue whale is larger than an elephant
13.  Incorrect          : The exploding human population is the most great threat to all forms of      
  life on earth
Correct                        : The exploding human population is the greatest threat to all forms of life
                          on earth 
14.  Incorrect          : The mongol Empire was the bigger and empire in the entire history of the
  world
correct             : The mongol empire was the biggest and empire in the entire history of     the world
Exercise : error analysis
1.      Incorrect          : Is Ivan will go to work tomorrow ?
Correct                        : Is ivan going to go to work tomorrow ?
2.      Incorrect          : When you will call me ?
Correct                        : When will you call me ?
3.      Incorrect          : Will Tom to meet us for dinner tomorrow ?
Correct                        : Will Tom meet us for dinner tomorrow ?
4.      Incorrect          : We went to a movie yesterday night
Correct                        : We went to a movie last night
5.      Incorrect          : Did you found your keys ?
Correct                        : Did you find your keys ?
6.      Incorrect          : What time you are going to come tomorrow ?
Correct                        : What time are you going to come tomorrow ?
7.      Incorrect          : My sister is going to meet me at the airport. My brother won’t to there
Correct                        : My sister is going to meet me at the airport. My brother won’t there
8.      Incorrect          : Mr. Wong will sells his business and retires next year
Correct                        : Mr. Wong will sell his business and retire next year
9.      Incorrect          : Do you will be in Venezuela next year ?
Correct                        : Will you be in Venezuela next year ?
10.  Incorrect          : I’m going to return home in a couple of month
Correct                        : I’m going to return home in a couple of months
11.  Incorrect          : I saw Jim three day ago
Correct                        : I saw Jim three days ago
12.  Incorrect          : A thief staled my bicycle
Correct                        : A thief stole my bicycle  

Exercise : error analysis
1.      Incorrect          : If it will be cold tomorrow morning, my car won’t start
Correct                        : If it is cold tomorrow morning, my car won’t start
2.      Incorrect          : We maybe late for the concert tonight
Correct                        : We may be late for the concert tonight
3.      Incorrect          : What time you are going to come tomorrow ?
Correct                        : What time are you going to come tomorrow ?
4.      Incorrect          : Fatima will call us tonight when she will arrive home safely
Correct                        : Fatima will call us tonight when she arrives home safely
5.      Incorrect          : Emily may will be at the party
Correct                        : Emily will be at the party
6.      Incorrect          : When I’ll see you tomorrow, I’ll return your book to you
Correct                        : When I  see you tomorrow, I’ll return your book to you
7.      Incorrect          : I may to don’t be in class tomorrow
Correct                        : I may not be in class tomorrow
8.      Incorrect          : Ahmed puts his books on his desk when he walked into his apartment
Correct                        : Ahmed puts his books on his desk when he walks into his apartment
9.      Incorrect          : I’ll see my parents when I will return home for a visit next July
Correct                        : I’ll see my parents when I return home for a visit next July
10.  Incorrect          : What do you doing all day at work ?
Correct                        : What do you do all day at work ?

Exercise : error analysis
1.      Incorrect          : We will can go to the museum tomorrow afternoon
Correct                        : We will go to the museum tomorrow afternoon
2.      Incorrect          : We can’t count all of the stars in the universe. There are to many
Correct                        : We can’t count all of the stars in the universe. There are too many
3.      Incorrect          : Can you to stand on your head ?
Correct                        : Can you stand on your head ?
4.      Incorrect          : I saw a beautiful vase at a store yesterday, but I couldn’t bought it
Correct                        : I saw a beautiful vase at a story yesterday, but I couldn’t buy it
5.      Incorrect          : The shirt is too small. I can wear it
Correct                        : The shirt is very small. I can wear it
6.      Incorrect          : Sam know how to count to 1000 in English
Correct                        : Sam knows how to count to 1000 in English
7.      Incorrect          : When I was on vacation, I can swim every day
Correct                        : When I was on vacation, I could swim every day
8.      Incorrect          : When he lived at Tokyo, we took the subway every day
Correct                        : When he lived in Tokyo, we took the subway every day
9.      Incorrect          : Honeybees not able to live in very cold climates
Correct                        : Honeybees are not able to live in very cold climates
10.  Incorrect          : Where we can go in the city for an inexpensive meal ?
Correct                        : Where can we go in the city for an inexpensive meal ?
11.  Incorrect          : James can reads newspaper in five language
Correct                        : James can read newspaper in five language
12.  Incorrect          : Sorry. I didn’t be able to get tickets for the concert
Correct                        : Sorry. I wasn’t able to get tickets for the concert
13.  Incorrect          : I can’t finish my homework because I’m to tired
Correct                        : I can’t finish my homework because I’m too tired

Exercise : error analysis
1.      Incorrect          : Would you please to help me ?
Correct                        : Would you please help me ?
2.      Incorrect          : I will can go to the meeting tomorrow
Correct                        : I will go to the meeting tomorrow
3.      Incorrect          : My brother wasn’t able calling me last night
Correct                        : My brother wasn’t able to call me last night
4.      Incorrect          : Ken should writes us a letter
Correct                        : Ken should write us a letter
5.      Incorrect          : I have to went to the store yesterday
Correct                        : I had to go to the store yesterday
6.      Incorrect          : Susie! You must not to play with matches!
Correct                        : Susie! You must not play with matches!
7.      Incorrect          :May you please hand me that book ?
Correct                        : Can you please hand me that book ?
8.      Incorrect          : Ann couldn’t answered my question
Correct                        : Ann couldn’t answer my question
9.      Incorrect          : Shelley can’t goes to the concert tomorrow
Correct                        : Shelley can’t go to the concert tomorrow
10.  Incorrect          : Let’s going to a movie tonight
Correct                        : Let’s go to a movie tonight
11.  Incorrect          : Don’t to interrupt. It’s not polite
Correct                        : Don’t interrupt. It’s not polite
12.  Incorrect          : Can you to stand on your head ?
Correct                        : Can you stand on your head ?
13.  Incorrect          : I saw a beautiful dress at a store yesterday, but I couldn’t bought it
Correct                        : I saw a beautiful dress at a store yesterday, but I couldn’t buy it
14.  Incorrect          : Closing the door please. Thank you
Correct                        : Close the door please. Thank you
15.  Incorrect          : May I please to borrow your dictionary? Thank you
Correct                        : May I please borrow your dictionary? Thank you

Exercise : error analysis
1.      Incorrect          : Everybody want to be happily
Correct                        : Everybody wants to be happy
2.      Incorrect          : One of the building on Main street is the post office
Correct                        : One of the buildings on Main street is the post office
3.      Incorrect          : I didn’t see nobody at the mall
Correct                        : I didn’t see anybody at the mall
4.      Incorrect          : At the library, you need to do your work quiet
Correct                        : At the library, you need to do your work quietly
5.      Incorrect          : I walk in the park every days
Correct                        : I walk in the park every day
6.      Incorrect          : Mr. Jones teaches English very good
Correct                        : Mr. Jones teaches English very well
7.      Incorrect          : The answer looks clearly. Thank you for explaining it
Correct                        : The answer looks clear. Thank you for explaining it
8.      Incorrect          : Every grammar test have a lot of difficult question
Correct                        : Every grammar test has a lot of difficult question

Exercise:error analysis
1.      Incorrect          : Whose that woman ?
Correct                        : Who’s that woman ?
2.      Incorrect          : What are those peoples names ?
Correct                        : What are those people’s names ?
3.      Incorrect          : Mr. and Mrs. Swan like theirs apartment
Correct                        : Mr. and Mrs. Swan like their apartment
4.      Incorrect          : The two student’s study together in the library every afternoon
Correct                        : The two students study together in the library every afternoon
5.      Incorrect          : Who’s book is this
Correct                        : Whose books is this
6.      Incorrect          : Those shoes in the bag are theirs, not our
Correct                        : Those shoes in the bag are theirs, not ours
7.      Incorrect          : My fathers’ sister has M.D. and Ph.D. degrees
Correct                        : My father’s sister has M.D. and Ph.D. degrees
8.      Incorrect          : Did you meet your children’s teacher ?
Correct                        : did you meet your children’s teacher ?
9.      Incorrect          : This is mine pillow and that one is your
Correct                        : This is mine pillow and that one is yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger